Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nebraska!

Nothing to report.

Most interesting thing was a sign that read "Welcome to the Middle of Nowhere".

Long drive to Omaha today on the 285. We arrived just after lunch. Kids were very tolerant of the long drive. When I wasn't driving, I taught English - and given there was nothing else to do, and I had a captive audience - it went well.

Cool showers all round upon arrival. Then off to the mall ... golly I love saying that! The mall! Shopping! Yee Haw! Also had time to sit in air-con and watch Brave - a gorgeous film!

Late dinner of fabulous pasta if I do say so myself - it is difficult cooking on a benchtop the size of a postage stamp - particularly for a family of 6, but I am pulling it off. The beer helps :)

Night all. We leave for Kansas City tomorrow am. Two night stay - bliss! Nice to hear from you all - do keep in touch.